v0.1 - initial release|
v0.1.5 - bug fixes, new -c frames features
v0.2 - added "projected filesize" calculations
v0.3 (7/13/2003) current version - added much needed cancel button and
ability to transcode an entire directory.
gtranscode was originally written and
still maintained by Michael Spiceland and released under the GPL, GNU
General Public License.
transcode in progress
The current version of gtranscode can be downloaded from fuzzymonkey.net.|
NOTE: gtranscode is a frontend for transcode. In order for it to do any real work,
you will first need to download and install transcode.
For questions or comments about gtranscode, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- organized layout to reduce confusion
- supports all of the options that most users will want
- uses tcprobe -i (from transcode package) to summarize information
about input file before processing
- shows the equivalent transcode command line for troubleshooting
and familiarizing users with command line options
- any extra options not supported by the GUI can be manually
entered in the entry box before hitting "GO"
- automatic "maintain aspect ratio" calculations
- automatic "projected filesize" calculations based on bitrates
- add graphical way of adding and configuring filters
- allow for installations other than /usr/local/lib/transcode/
- integrated divx/other bitrate calculator to obtain specified
sized output files (please email me if you know the proper way to do
I need your help. If you use
transcode regularly and gtranscode doesn't do all that you use it for,
please make sure it is not on the "To Do" list and email me. Please provide
details on the command line switches and what they do. The
more background I have the easier it will be for me to implement the
© 2003-2012 FuzzyMonkey